Fanjove Lighthouse Restoration
Fanjove Lighthouse was built in 1894 by the Germans, and was deserted at the end of the colonial period, around 1960. Afterwards the building was looted and decayed to an alarming state.
An assessment was carried out in 2013, and the first conservation measurements were undertaken in 2016. Due to lack of resources, the lighthouse will not be entirely reconstructed. The dom, lantern and drum are restored, as well as the stairs in the tower. The residential wings will be temporary covered with a detached makuti (palm leaf) roof, and the rooms used as dining area for the Essential Destination eco lodge.
|Name||Fanjove Lighthouse Restoration|
|Date of design||201 -2016|